Sunday, October 9, 2011

Let your actions speak for you

I wanted to write this post because of a number of things. Firstly, I’ve hit this fantastic point in my own life where things have become clear for me and therefore I’m trying to share what I’ve come to realise with others. Since i was young I’ve always wanted to be successful beyond measure. I always had an idea in my head of who I wanted to be, how I wanted to act and how i wanted to live, and slowly but surely my desire has been coming true, but only through persistence, which brings me to my first point. One of the first things I came to realise( and it's not rocket science, you probably realised it too) is that i couldn't truly become the person i wanted to be without fulfilling the traits I dreamed my ideal self would have, i would have to start acting like the person i want to be ( duh, right?) . The thing is, you can't always live up to your desired traits without sticking your neck out into a new and often daunting experience. So i dedicated myself to developing myself.

Sure that may sound a little selfish to some, but the truth is if you can't master yourself, how can you expect to master your environment, and that means everything from learning to respect other people to having others respect you as a leader. So i decided i would make it my goal to acquiring as many skills as possible and subject myself to as many experiences as possible, and the truth is i have never felt so accomplished, balanced and happy, and that is passing over into everything i do, and it can for you too, once you come to terms with sticking your neck out and developing yourself.

Since I began my journey I’ve done many things I’d have never even considered before, and now I can gladly say that they are beginning to shape who I am. I started Brazilian jiu-jitsu and muay thai and furthered that by moving into mixed martial arts. I began learning more about sports performance, health and the human body, I started to learn mandarin, how to wire circuitry and build far more than I ever could before. The list goes on and on, but the points remain’s the same, to develop experience in as much as possible and ultimately start living the life I truly desired. It's a journey that will never end if you truly have the desire to better yourself, and that’s why you need to do it. After all, what is life except for a number of experiences’s that start from the day we're born to the day we die. We can either sit back and hope for the best, or we can go out, take control of our destiny and start letting our actions speak for us. Make your choice the right one.

P.s.  leave a comment of a new skill you’d like to learn, you might inspire a passion in someone else and in return find one yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment