Tuesday, August 7, 2012

my homestead story

It's been quite sometime since i've posted anything. so today i'm sharing some of my little tips and tricks that i've come across over the last few months in my own personal development that you can implement in a similar way.

Recently as a recognition of todays changing economical climate i decided to start my own organically sustainable garden. Since then, it's grown larger and larger and brings me more and more joy to see how well it's going. My garden, like many things, started from humble beginnings, years ago me and my family planted, a mango tree, eventually we planted a mandarin tree too, then mulberries,then lemons, and so on and so forth until we had a small range of fruit tree's in the front of our garden. this was all just haphazard planting for the convience and fun of having a few nice fruit to tend to. but as things continued along i realised that it would be really quite easy to start a sustainable garden, on a budget, with a good mix of fruit and veg, which in the end, taste great and save me some cash.

I'm not saying you have to plant a garden, what i am trying to say though is pick something you have always wanted to do, start small and go from there.

START NOW! it's easier than you think to pick up something you've wanted to now and turn it into something you love doing. Emotion is a elixir of life and youthfulness, pick something that sparks it up, and stick at it, not because you have to or need to, but because you want to.

My garden started with one mango tree, now it has over 28 different fruit and vegetables, 5 custom built plantar boxes, a bird house,a organic composting system, a bee box, an underground watering system that i'm in the process of connecting up to a greywater tank, and will soon be joined by a bokashi style composter and small green house, and incase your thinking of doing something similar and don't have alot of space, neither did i but you'll be surprised what you can do when you put some thought into planning out your garden.

get into it, you'll surprise yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment